View Single Post
      05-05-2020, 11:59 AM   #26
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

I remember when I was younger and I had a Lexus is300 (the original version with sport design package which meant nothing) and then a 328i, I wanted to race everyone. All of the time. You think every car on the road is basically equal to you straight up except for super cars. It took a decent amount of getting beat and near accidents (on my own and not into other cars) because of my novice in driving that caused me to change.

By the time I went to a heavily modded EvoX and an e46 M3, I started to change. When you have so much power that you can definitely die (or get close to it more often) and when you get more mature, you start realizing the stupidity of street racing. Occasional pulls on an empty highway against a punk in a G37, sure. But if there is any hint of unsafe conditions, whether it be other cars on the road, bad pavement, high speed, etc. It's just not worth it. Finding out about AutoX and track days help me fill that need for speed in a relatively safe manner.

Earlier I posted about how I brake on ppl trying to race (not brake check; read my post above) and it freaks them out. I learned that from a guy in a heavily modified e92 M3 who did that to me on the way to a cars and coffee one morning ~8-9 years ago. I remember feeling super embarrassed and on edge right after because I looked like an idiot and I thought there were cops that he picked up on a radar detector (as mine was a shitty $90 Best Buy special).

I found him at cars and coffee and complimented his car and asked him why he did that? Did he make a mistake? And he told me that it was the surest way he has ever known to immediately stop a race, embarrass the other guy, and enjoy his life without a devastating accident.

That just stuck with me.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 2