View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 11:45 AM   #8
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
Thanks, but if you read my previous message, I had said that I am used to calipers sticking on other cars - especially after washing. With any other car, I would simply drive (and have to give it some gas), and the brakes would release.
With the M2C, the brakes stuck completely. Literally, I dragged the stuck tire for a block, and it would not release. I tried rocking it forwards and backwards, I jacked up the car and applied heat to the caliper....nothing would cause it to release. I flatspotted a tire trying to release it!
On the other occasions it had stuck, it had released, it only after driving HARD, flor up to a block. That's excessive.

It has only occurred on the front wheels. It has happened even when I don't use the parking brake, but that is a moot point, as of course the parking brake involves the rear brakes only.
Dragging the tire and flat spotting it is more serious than I originally thought.

I would think its weather related now since you are in Canada. Do you park the vehicle outside overnight?
Appreciate 0