View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 11:26 AM   #6
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
I had this kind of happen to me in my M2c on the rear brakes.

This is what happened. I washed the car, after washing I put it in the garage and I enabled the parking brake. Brakes probably still wet after washing car. Vehicle sat in the garage for 2-3 weeks. When I started the vehicle and wanted to move, there was ALOT of resistance and than I heard a small bang right when the brakes let go and vehicle moved.

I knew it was the calipers that were seized immediately when this happened. Now after I wash the car I DO NOT put on the parking brake. I just put it in 1st gear.

Just give it gas and go, it will unseize when you give the vehicle some throttle. Try reverse and then go forward, etc. Easy to do. No need for a tow.

Have you tried no engaging the parking brake? Do not engage it when parking for a long time.
Thanks, but if you read my previous message, I had said that I am used to calipers sticking on other cars - especially after washing. With any other car, I would simply drive (and have to give it some gas), and the brakes would release.
With the M2C, the brakes stuck completely. Literally, I dragged the stuck tire for a block, and it would not release. I tried rocking it forwards and backwards, I jacked up the car and applied heat to the caliper....nothing would cause it to release. I flatspotted a tire trying to release it!
On the other occasions it had stuck, it had released, but only after driving HARD, for up to a block. That's excessive.

It has only occurred on the front wheels. It has happened even when I don't use the parking brake, but that is a moot point, as of course the parking brake involves the rear brakes only.

Last edited by TTBear; 12-09-2019 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 0