United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
All the Stage 0 maps (ZCP, CS, CS+ etc.) are free and you get one free OTS map, which can be a Stage 1 or Stage 2 for a specific octane (e.g. Stage 1 91oct, Stage 1 93oct, Stage 2 91oct, Stage 2 93oct, Stage 2 E30, Stage 2 Race gas etc.). So you get to choose one of these with your free map credit. Or you can pay an extra $100 to unlock all OTS maps. All you need is a Windows or Mac laptop and an OBD cable (same cable that is used to code the car). There is also another alternative if you don't want to use a laptop, called OBD agent device. It connects to the car via the OBD ENET cable and has WIFI to connect to the BM3 servers over your phone's internet. In other words, you can change maps via your phone as long as you have this small device in the car with you. Here's more info on that:

https://www.protuningfreaks.com/prod...a-all-f-series
What if you buy someone's license 2nd hand do you just get whatever free OTS map they chose originally plus the Stage 0 maps?

Also it can only be transferred once right? The second owner can't resell.
When you buy used, you get to choose your own free OTS map. However, as you said, you cannot sell the license again. Only the original buyer can resell the license. I bought mine used and chose my own free OTS map, which was totally different from what the seller had on his account. I chose stage 1 91oct as my free map but the seller had stage 2 93ct as his free map. Just to clarify, I don't have access to his free map. I only have Stage 0 maps and and my Stage 1 91oct map available on my account. Basically when you buy used, it's no different than buying a brand new license except you just can't sell it again. I paid $350 for my used license btw.
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50