Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
This is certainly a production departure rumor
http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/09/03/bm...ed-1000-units/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
I thought bmwblog got their news from here. I wonder where they got that information from ???
At the end of their article they quoted a Spanish article as source: https://www.motor.es/noticias/nuevos...bmw-m2-cs.html.

That Spanish article mainly recaps, almost word for word, all the recent info stated in the first post of this thread, with three exceptions:
  • claimed maximum power output of 405 hp: ("Como ya te hemos contado en algunas ocasiones, el nuevo BMW M2 CS montará el motor de gasolina S55 de 3.0 litros con una potencia máxima de 405 CV y que supone un incremento de 40 CV en comparación con el M2 convencional que monta el motor de gasolina TwinPower Turbo de seis cilindros en línea N55 que homologa una potencia de 370 CV.").
    However, 370 hp + 40 hp = 410 hp. As a matter of fact, the "302" kW figure of the mystery VIN referenced in the first post of this thread = 405 hp (mech) = 410.6 hp (metric). The Spanish article either mixes up those figures or writes for a US public.
  • claimed limited production of 1000 units and a numbered plaque: likely another mix-up with the rumored 999 figure for the mystery M2 GTS (still uncertain whether that car will ever see the light - no real signs of life yet, if ever). Sources at the German 2erTalk forum indicated last April that the M2 CS isn't supposed to be limited production, which sounds to make sense except if BMW has changed its mind in the meantime. I keep believing unlimited production till M2 end of production (2020).
  • the last paragraph about some changes to front end, rear end and brakes: likely educated guessing.