View Single Post
      09-03-2017, 04:56 PM   #696
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
If I (consumer) was the the "Alice" and BMW the Cat, I would know exactly where I want to go and would ask the cat precisely that.
For sure, BMW and BMW M won't take any M2 CS questions yet. Still too early. Test mules lapping the Nürburgring this Summer are a tell-tale sign that development is still ongoing. They're keeping their M2 CS cards close to their chest and won't reveal those until the time they deem appropriate.

So please sit back, relax and trust that they know what they're doing. Patience is a virtue. Allow them the required breathing space to (hopefully) make history.

A couple of pacifiers:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Ah, remember M2 CS will be an entirely different car than the standard M2. Not just its engine but it's nature too.
Quote:
The M4 CS does not arrive on the market until the last quarter of 2017.
I do not expect the next CS to be launched until the introduction of the M4 CS to the market. Breathing and establishing space is important and BMW will be having maximum focus on the M4 CS.
Quote:
To date I have heard nothing about the M2 GTS.
The M2 CS is coming but as I stated that the M4 CS has just been launched so they want to give it breathing space, same for the M2 LCI.
There is another M4 planned to further emulate the Porsche 911 series.
This will be towards the end of production.
Quote:
Yes I have not heard anything regarding a GTS. All creativity is currently on the CS.
Quote:
Well the new M5 begins a new era for BMW M. Which it all begins next week. [May 2017]
The CS cars offer more exclusivity to the more enthused customer.
The first X3M and X4M respond to the further requirements of customers especially in the US.
The next generation of Coupe models beginning with the M8 again will be offered with staged further development and creativity. With the aim to provide a razors edge between Motorsport and road going attributes.
Quote:
As BMW aim to showcase that each level will certainly display varying talents.
Just as the standard M4 is given further improvement with the Competition Packet and the M4 GTS receiving split deciding complex technology over the latter.
Then the M4 CS has to offer some appreciative level to stand out further. As it is said its a GTS without the complexity. So it will showcase its own formidable talent. The M2 CS will offer the more radical genetics but the standard M2 is not just a good car. It's a phenomenal car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
I have been told that manual could be reality for the CS, by a person fairly close to this and similar matter.