View Single Post
      09-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #694
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
The seats should change. They changed from a base M3/M4 to ZCP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
The seats definitely won't change because ynguldyn already said that they will have Dakota Leather,the same Leather as the regular M2.There is no way that BMW will make the ZCP seats in Dakota Leather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I don't see how this could be considered a more track focused car without more aggressive bolstering in the seats. Anyone who has tracked a car has recognized how confidence inspiring it is when held firmly in place by a good set of seats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
Tell them to make 2 that exact way. I will take one !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
What about the cloth leather combination on the seats ??
The seats have to change with some additional bolstering if BMW wants to market this as a track focused car.
Jason , ynguldyn, Artemis , Dackelone : Any new information on any aspects of the car ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54 View Post
Having recently been in a M3 comp pack the interior is sooooooo much nicer than the M2
They should put those seats in the M2
The looks of the M4 CS is great, all BMW need to do is copy it into a smaller M2 package.
I'm hopeful they will but expecting to be disappointed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
I don't know how they expect people to track their car with those standard M2 seats.
My 1M has similar seats and I have to push my leg hard against the center console to stop my body from moving sideway during hard cornering at the track. This distracts me from getting the best out of my car. Their standard seats simply do not provide sufficient lateral support for hard cornering.
They should make those M badged Recaro seats available again as an option. This really is a no brainer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
Just mount 2 recaro race seats if you are tracking your car.
Also the m4 cs seats does not give you enough support on track!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
The point of this car, for me at least, is that I don't have to go out and buy new parts to make it a DD/HPDE car.
Brakes, cooling, alignment range, seats, SS braded brake lines should all be in place. As well as Exec pack for creature comforts outside the above.
A nice feature would be the ability to mount a harness bar, and mounting points for lap/submarine belts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Brake line isn't up to track task, brake pad also needs an upgrade. This isn't a car made for track off the shelf.
Let's tackle the track goodies and transmission conundrum with a bit of logical reasoning.

First imagine how you think BMW will position/market the M2 CS and its expected main use by target customers: daily driver ? mainly (extra) urban ? mainly track ? or a mix of all that ? Don't confuse 'versatile' with 'jack of all trades, master of none'. Subsequently, do the same exercise with the base M2 and compare your answers (whilst keeping in mind about the base M2 that "every adventure requires a first step"). Then ask yourself: would it make sense that BMW offers more choice this time around ? Maybe asking yourself that question, is already answering it.

Although in the end BMW could prove us all wrong, I trust that they will walk the smart road by offering choices, as this may offer an advantage over the competition, garner interest of a broad market of potential customers and allow to keep the base price (zero options) attractive. Let's face it: Porsche brilliantly masters the highly profitable 'à la carte' (personalization) success formula: your wish is our command. This may inspire BMW as well (of course to the extent that it's compatible with production facility possibilities and, probably, the M3/M4 hierarchy).
Name:  AliceIWL.jpg
Views: 2256
Size:  73.9 KB