View Single Post
      10-04-2020, 12:28 PM   #188
JustAWhisper
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003.5 M3, 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusman1 View Post
What size supercar3s? Better overall or just better grip?

How do you get euro mdm and m4gts diff settings?
On the E46 I ran 245/40R18 front and 275/35R18 rear. The E46 is stuck with a really skinny front wheel (8"). RE71R's probably have a smidge more peak grip and definitely provide much more direct steering response and feedback, however, the Supercar3's are more consistent with a wider heat happy zone and they resist rollover MUCH better, allowing for much more effective tire life. As an autox practice/non-SRS-BZNS tire for a camber-limited car, I think the Supercar3 is now the best bet. If you want to win a National-level event, Yokohamas are what you want due to raw grip (very pricey though).

I didn't think much about it initially, but coding in different DSC and e-diff software settings is probably not allowed. If the software is already on the car from the factory and just needs to be enabled via off-the-shelf tools, then it's a bit of a gray area, but if you had to download the software to the car then it's against the rules.

As a potential competitor, I don't care much about the MDM stuff as the fastest guys are running DSC off I'm sure anyways. But the diff software could theoretically be a significant advantage (it's probably not in actuality).

Might be worth an explicit clarification from the Rules committee.
Appreciate 0