View Single Post
      10-03-2020, 06:12 PM   #185
JustAWhisper
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003.5 M3, 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asciimike View Post
The car will go into "comfort" mode if the TPMS detect "low" tire pressures, which is anything below 30PSI, I believe. Obviously, if you're running tires at 32 or 33 hot, when they're cold you might get a low pressure warning that throws you out of sport/sport+. Pain in the ass if you're about to get onto the track, as me how I know... You have to stop the car and trigger a reset, which will let you switched back into a different mode while the TPMS remeasure, after which you can hopefully have them up to temp/pressure.

I think most folks tend to get them because it's cheaper and less of a pain in the ass to try and code out: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=24

I've been wondering if there's a way to drop the "low" value from 30 to 28 or 26PSI, because I'd like to know if the tires are leaking or flat, but not if I just like them low...

I usually leave the car in sport+ (with Euro MDM and M4GTS diff settings) because full DSC off can get you sideways fairly quickly especially when the rear is unloaded and you get back in the gas too quickly (at least in my experience).
Yeah, I definitely do not want to code out TPMS because I want to know if my daily driver tires are leaking. Are there are any known negative effects if you simply put on non TPMS wheels? The Owner's Manual says it will throw a big error, but does it prevent you from turning DSC off?
Appreciate 0