11-10-2019, 11:58 AM   #72
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Agreed, and mostly true for the GT models as well that I've driven (GT3.1 and .2, GT3 RS.1 and.2, GT4).

All of them are crap compared to the base 2003 Boxster I had, any hydraulic steering from Porsche going back to the 80's really. I haven't driven any earlier Porsches but I suspect that amazing feel would go back all the way to origin.

So the right alignment helps a bit in my M3, and having wheels as light as possible. None of the modern stuff has real feedback, and the journalists who pretend there is some huge difference between all the EPS systems are smoking some highly illegal stuff.

IMO.
The "journalists" who think EPS are fine are total liars and/or losers with a vested interest to only sing praises.

Needless to say, I'm a bit depressed when it comes to the state of modern cars. The dominance of tech in society, emergence of China/Middle East (and their differing tastes), and strict emissions regulations have mostly stripped cars of providing a visceral driving experience. People care more about useless "features" in their cars now.
Appreciate 0