2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
An amalgam of F8x and m performance catalogue parts

I like the idea but can't help feel it's a bit late in the cycle, not just for m2, but even the s55

This is no 1M
It's purposefully late in the cycle because it will probably be the swan song for the current generation M2.

Given that the 1M is a parts bin car with a borrowed engine from a Z4 and many M3 components, the M2 certainly exists as a spiritual successor. We have pretty short memories because "purists" derided the 1M for being a non-m car with an M badge. Now it's a classic, but hindsight is 20/20. The M2 is currently the purest traditional M car, and the M2 CS will likely be the best version yet.
imo the 1M will always be regarded higher as it was conceived by engineers after hours vs m2 cs borne purely by a marketing department

The 1M is also important for purists as it highlighted that M cars can be about a chassis and not need a bespoke motor

End of the day it's fun to discuss and compare, but the market will inevitably decide
I don't think that's really fair to the M division. Sure, the decision to make a CS certainly was supported by the marketing division, but the M3 CS improves upon the M3 ZCP significantly. Who's to say that making an M from the somewhat unpopular 1 series wasn't marketing either? Good things have come out of less than pure intentions in the past. Even the M2 didn't come with a bespoke M engine and let's face it, the M2 is more highly regarded than my F8X. All I know is, it's fun to drive and now that the power more evenly matches the similar weight, the short wheelbase isn't the only thing that the M2 has going for it.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50