10-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #148
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
My interpretation is that Fabspeed's lifetime warranty is only for manufacturing defects. If you/they can prove a manufacturing defect caused the cat to fail, then you should be okay. But that seems impossible to do, because you can't verify the inside of a cat is good upon arrival of the dp. Unless you take it apart and test/inspect it yourself or something before installing. Which would void the warranty anyway.

From what I read here, there is no lifetime warranty on the cat other than if the problem is caused by a manufacturing defect. Though I do remember them saying there is a 2yr/10,000mi warranty on the cat... they must've changed it.

Also, what I'm reading now, is that they won't warranty a previous generation cat. So if Fabspeed decides to use a different cat in their current product line in the future, your warranty is void on any dp you purchased before. In this case, it seems they will give you a discount on purchasing a new cat. Kinda crappy.

https://www.fabspeed.com/terms-conditions/
Thanks for the update. I was going off their former policy; that '2yr/10k' whatever they vaguely spewed when they're pressed. I didn't realize they revised it.

That's smart of them to put their customers in a classic Catch-22 situation if an issue arises. You have to open up the cat to verify the supposed covered defect but if you do dissect the product to diagnose it, the warranty is voided Nice one

I believe if you choose to put a catted downpipe on your vehicle, regardless of the manufacture, you have to anticipate that it will eventually burn out. That's just how the game goes and I have no problem with them on that front.

I understand and respect that they have a business to run but I just wished they would be upfront about the inherent flaws in the warranty of their product and not try to make it so intentionally convoluted.
Appreciate 0