10-09-2019, 09:34 PM   #29
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
It was pretty sporadic; It would only happen a small percentage of the time I unlocked the car, and usually only after it sat for a 36-48+ hour period. I don't drive my car much so I feel like I noticed it more often for that reason. If you DD your M2 you might hardly ever hear it. Either way I thought it was normal and then stumbled across some threads that made me think otherwise. The fact that I haven't heard the noise once since the fix makes me think now that it was indeed irregular. In terms of symptoms, it didn't throw any lights or codes or cause any drivability issues, just the ticking when unlocking. If I were you I'd get it checked out just for peace of mind. If it decides to get worse once your warranty is up then you'll be stuck paying out of pocket.
Yeah I'll be taking it in at some point. The thing is the m2 isn't my DD either, so at 7000km on the clock and it only happening a couple of times I didn't notice it too much. Well better safe then sorry.

Thanks again