09-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #17
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pic18 View Post
Made a mistake in my quote, actually meant to talk about Grattan and the tire squeal (you cant avoid it with the seam sealer). You make good points about Waterford, but not needing a hotel room (when I lived in Birmingham) and the fact it was better than M1 made it worth my time. That said last year I only went to Waterford maybe once and none this year.
I understand. I used to do full weekends before our daughter was born, but after, the deal I have with my wife is day trips only for track days. So now I'm a sucker for punishment and I wake up at 4am, drive 3-4h, track all day, then drive back. Good thing I like driving. I do typically take the next day off work to recover and go through my GoPro footage. Also I avoid weekend days to ease it on the fam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
This is largely my concerns as well. I've been to Waterford before (never drove it), and had the same thoughts.
I'm curious about how a more nimble M2 would do on Waterford. I think it could be fun but you have to be ready to never get out of 3rd gear. Also some prior experience would help as chances of hitting something are high. This is why I love Grattan so much. It's just missing some usable curbing like Mid Ohio.

I've gotten to drive some cool tracks while on work assignment in Germany. F1 tracks are at a whole another level. Spa quickly became number 1 in my book but then I drove Nordschleife. Nurbergring is the most incredible and scariest track I've done. So much elevation change and so many blind corners. Hockenheimring is ok, but nothing compared to Spa or the Green Hell.

I'm glad I had Grattan, Gingerman, Waterford and Mid Ohio to practice on back home. Without the experience I gained on those tracks I would probably be youtube famous already. Nordschleife is tricky at speed.

And I will for sure hit all the home tracks again when I'm back Stateside. So long live our local tracks and our desire for driver mod!
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 1
detroitm22427.50