View Single Post
      09-15-2019, 10:36 PM   #5
Insane_Dawe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 White ZCP M3

Post event update.

I have never been to this track so I didn't think I could push hard this first session. I did have an instructor ride along to show me the line even in the first session even though I wanted to wait until the 2nd. I'm glad I did. The novice group was a complete mess and I was unable to get up to pace. The slow pace let the instructor was able to give me a complete walk through of the track but the instructor took me for a crazy ride-along to show me what it feels like at pace.

Before my first session, I dropped pressure to 30 psi cold. Leaving the track after the first session, the TPMS monitor showed that pressures reached 35-36ish. Perfect. Second session should be much better. Waiting in line for the second session, pressures dropped to 30s and I got a TPMS error. I didn't think anything of it, but little did I know, it kicked the car into limp mode. Car just felt wrong, traction was cooking my brakes, I just took it slow and steady the remaining half.

I tried to fix the error after coming off track, tires still hot at ~36 psi, I reset the TPMS. I believe that cleared the error and got me out of limp mode. To counter the error, I pumped up a little, waited to just before my 3rd session and dropped them to ~34 in hope that by the time I hit the track they won't drop to low.

Thankfully that worked and I immediately gained appreciation for not being in limp mode and Sport+ mode as it lets the car step out just a little and I got my power back. Sadly it was wet all day and going into the 3rd session there was a light on/off drizzle. But even with the drizzle by the end of the session, I got quite a bit confident and finally felt at pace.

Being at pace in the 3rd session made me want to turn traction off. I would have no TC kick in through the whole corner until I am 70-80% throttle at the corner exit, on the rumbles, trying to drive the car out. I'd have to wait a sec, then power would rush in. Sadly this was the last session of the day so I wasn't able to explore DSC off.

1) What's the proper way to clear the TPMS error?

2) How do I bypass the TPMS limp mode?

3) If I bypass it can I still get reading?

4) If I bypass will I still get a warning if my tire goes out on the highway?
Appreciate 0