Thread: M2C at Area 27
View Single Post
      08-26-2019, 12:18 AM   #1
mcgarnigle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C

M2C at Area 27

This weekend I went to Area 27 in Oliver, BC.

The car is a 2019 M2C, MPC coilovers, modified TC Klein camber plates, Carbotech XP20/12 pads and rbf600 fluid on 2NH brakes, and for this outing was on 437 wheels with 245/265 RE71's. I have 265/295 R888-R's in the garage, but because of the late Apex EC7 delivery, they wouldn't fit on the 437's, so I tried some RE71's in OEM sizes.

Context about me - I've been an instructor for over 10 years with various clubs. Started with hondas, then a z06, then an e92 m3, and now this.

Thoughts on this setup. So far, it's pretty much a perfect compromise between street comfort and track utility. The dampers were in recommended BMW settings +1 (I made every setting 1 click firmer...based on nothing whatsoever, but this is what I did). Front camber is -3.2degrees, rear camber is (i think) -1.5ish. Corner balanced. Turn-in is very sharp (significantly sharper than my previous e92 m3 and z06).

The brakes were perfect all day. Not a hint of fade and they bite way stronger than the pfc01/11's I used to run on my m3. I love them and are easily the best pads I've used. And, the bonus is that they are half the price of pagids.

I was feeling a bit underwhelmed by the m2c since I got it, but now I like it. It's very balanced with this setup, comfortable on the street, firm enough on the track, and very predictable. The only thing that's weird is the power delivery. The OBD data shows that the throttle doesn't fully open when the pedal goes to the floor...there's a small lag until it's fully open. And, on upshifts, there's a small lag until the boost comes back on.

Anyway, quick video of my quickest lap. There's definitely more speed to get here, but I'm told this was a decent time. This was the first time I've had this car on the track, first time I've tried this suspension and brakes, and I had 15 minutes of a lead-follow session in the morning, and the rest was up to me to figure out. Anyone in western canada or the PNW should make the trek over to this place. It's pretty great. It's designed by Jacques Villeneuve.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I figured I'd pipe up and give my impressions about this car as I start to use it properly.

Last edited by mcgarnigle; 08-26-2019 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 7
bentom2335.50
Malakas469.50
PLF693766.00
Kankles1484.50
CrashFL137.50