View Single Post
      08-26-2017, 01:18 PM   #56
supsup
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: CLS63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I am glad you like the M2... I did not find it impressive at all... and I could have bought one below msrp or one with 5k miles for way less... the M3 in my honest opinion is extremely impressive... again, perhaps you are the target market for a smaller tighter "M Car", I am not.
Haha. Here goes another “I could have bought a new M2 for less than MSRP” unicorn slayer. There are die hard BMW enthusiasts over at the M2 forum from the US who can’t get a penny off. But ol “ASAP” the casual M2 shopper/hater apparently had offers thrown at him - “please take this car”

I guess it’s better than the other person who told me “They are all over the auctions going for $40k!” Until I checked Manheim reports to show him that 3 17s had been sold EVER at pretty close to MSRP.

The F80/F82 on the other hand can be had lightly used at a 25% discount. I’m about to pull the trigger on a 16 ZCP in the mid 50s. I’d pretty much pay the same for a 16 M2 right now.

Not really understanding all the hate for the car. It seems like every auto journalist calls it the best M car currently being made. But every M3/M4/235/240 owner is butt hurt about the praise the car getsand quick to slam it any chance they get. It’s usually either “I Test drove it and wasn’t impressed” or “I could have had one for way below MSRP”. Are there even used ones on the market for less than 50k right now? Hahah

The car is polarizing for sure.

Why can’t eveeyone just be happy with the purchase THEY made?

Last edited by supsup; 08-26-2017 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 6
ORIGIN M.3159.50
DeeKay553.00
AESZ473.00
cehrl7806.00
JTO245246.50