Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Trust me. The average BMW buyer barely knows that the car comes with included maintenance. They don't really process that until the day they take delivery. I can imagine a fair number of them who would just do their own maintenance if someone at the dealership didn't specifically point out to them that maintenance is included.

One thing about forums like this is that members tend to believe the average consumer is WAY MORE engaged than he actually is.

We represent such a tiny fraction of the BMW buying public that the VAST majority of BMW CAs don't even realize forums like this exist. We are not even on their radar as potential customers.
I respectfully disagree with this statement.

I am the hardcore enthusiast among my family and acquaintances. You should hear the whinging and moaning that they engage in when the maintenance and warranty's are up. This includes a people that can MORE THAN AFFORD the upkeep and repairs. They are KEENLY AWARE of this. Additionally, I've spent enough time at the dealership to hear the shock and horror of people when they get the bill for their first out of plan maintenance. It typically isn't pretty.

Your final statement is absolutely correct...we are not the average owners in any respect. The general public, especially those who are transitioning from Honda's, entry level Lexus/Toyota's, etc. into their first BMW factor this into their decision to move upmarket.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 0