tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08njSTEP View Post
The evidence is clear through the posts here. People consider warranty and maintenance as interchangeable. They are NOT, but are seen as the same. This is the very reason why it was a bad move. So the average(non M) buyer is loosing an oil change or 2 and some wipers, but believes that the larger(warranty) items will/might not be covered. That is bad for the brand. A very small cost cutting has the effect of putting doubt in the consumer's mind. That is penny wise, pound foolish. The smarter move would have left the term and merely removed brakes and clutch. Cost saved without damaging reputation. I hope the executive that came up with this finds a new position at VW ag.
Trust me. The average BMW buyer barely knows that the car comes with included maintenance. They don't really process that until the day they take delivery. I can imagine a fair number of them who would just do their own maintenance if someone at the dealership didn't specifically point out to them that maintenance is included.

One thing about forums like this is that members tend to believe the average consumer is WAY MORE engaged than he actually is.

We represent such a tiny fraction of the BMW buying public that the VAST majority of BMW CAs don't even realize forums like this exist. We are not even on their radar as potential customers.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!