View Single Post
      01-09-2020, 08:17 PM   #2
bentom2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

So first track day for you too, or just the car’s? Any autocross or other motorsports experience that might accelerate your learning curve?

If it’s your first day and not just the car’s, you’ll probably spend the day learning the track, the line, and working on basic skills. You probably won’t be pushing the limits of the car, but everyone learns at a different rate.

Optionally, maybe consider a more track oriented brake pad and a higher temperature brake fluid. If your car were a 2019 or older, I’d strongly encourage a brake fluid flush, but being a 2020, that probably means it is less than 6 months old, so the brake fluid is still pretty fresh.

Eventually you might want to invest in camber plates and dedicated wheels and tires if you’re tracking often.

I wouldn’t rush out and invest in any of this right away until you know you’re hooked.

Do make sure you know how to turn off the forward collision warning. It can get confused on track.

Most important prep is just showing up rested, humble, and ready to learn. Definitely take any opportunity offered to jump in the right seat with an instructor.

Have fun out there! I’ve heard good things about COA and will have to make the trek one of these days.
Appreciate 0