Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: OG F87 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Why not shop around the Sydney dealerships to find who will update your iStep for the least cost (assume you didn't buy new which realistically reduces likelihood you'll get it free unless it's to rectify a fault). They may not update free for the PDC change as that was a change to how it operates rather than fixing a fault.

IMO it will be worth a reasonable fee, the biggest improvements are to traction control, steering and throttle (plus you get the PDC change which my LCI already had). If you get it updated just be mindful early on that enthusiastic driving in Sport+ or Traction will be a lot more slippery than what you have now
Good PoV.

Working in IT (dealing with hardware / firmware often, used to), find it hard to accept the fact that upgrading i-step costs money within warranty.

Quote:
They may not update free for the PDC change as that was a change to how it operates rather than fixing a fault.
To end users (drivers), still it is a bug (not severe though) which ruins user experience.

Definitely willing to spend $150 to get new i-step and the improvements it brings. Won't give up trying to get it for free.