View Single Post
      08-08-2019, 02:38 PM   #29
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiShrimp View Post
Thank you Sir. That is exactly one of the intent of this post. Long term reliability. As the car gets older (5+ years), I'd like to learn from other M2 owners about their M2 reliability. So, I can keep an eye out for all potential issues and repair costs down the road.
You want us to comment on the 5+ year reliability of the M2?

As others have said, it's a pretty reliable car so far. Little issues here and there, mostly electronics, is what most of us have encountered. Par for the course with a German car. Will it be as reliable as a Japanese sedan? IMO, no. Will it be as cheap to repair when it does break? Definitely not. If these things frighten you, I'd recommend going back to Japanese cars.

My recommendation is to just drive it and enjoy it, then form your own opinion about the car you've already purchased. For every story you get here about someone having some bizarre, catastrophic failure, there will be another story of someone with 50k and not a single repair. Your car is under warranty still so just drive and enjoy. If during the warranty period it turns out to be a stinker, look to get rid of it before the warranty ends.
Appreciate 1
tranck500.50