01-03-2018, 03:07 AM   #78
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYSP33D View Post
Ok well this question is getting old already

The M2 is it's own beast and we are attempting to develop this chassis with the ability to duplicate it and offer some of the components and parts for eventual re-sale, or at least to find the best quality components of those available with an actual motorsports application.

Plenty of fellow members have already developed their M2 for show and light track use, but with the exception of the team running their's in endurance events in Europe, I have yet to see anyone actively racing here in the USA with this chassis.

I have driven an M235iR on track, at speed as was disapointed with its performance. Yes it is already a developed car, for sure. Although- base price is $85K + and I was told from a few of the guys running in PWC that that did not include the homologated, race spec exhaust (it comes with a factory exhaust system) and requires a ton of suspension components to be changed from standard to spherical, yada yada yada.

Also- have you see those hideous bolt on flares?

I think this will have its own special place in the world.
I think people also forget the 235IR is basically a endurance car, designed to run 12-24 hour races affordably (relative) Its sort of like a spec miata in Europe. I don't think it would be very competitive in the classes you want to run. Should be a interesting car, beats seeing another GT4 cayman with aircon. You think the 235IR is odd, try one of those with a factory setup. One minute your falling asleep, the next it will try to kill you.
Appreciate 1