05-08-2016, 09:45 PM   #66
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlevrone
BMW needs to realize that their latest cars are simply ugly.

1 - series - I couldn't believe they could build a 1-series that is uglier than the previous generation. Even the facelift (which could easily fix it by adopting the 2-series front end), did not fix the ugliness.

F30 3-series - they took all the good things from the e90 LCI and ruined them. That front nose, that side profile...it's just sad The C-class and A4 easily look better.

F10 5-series - unnecessarily heavy and large, looks bland and doesn't have any personality whatsoever.

G11 7-series - frankly it looks uglier than the facelifted previous generation 7-series.

New X5 - easily looks worse than the previous generation

New X6 - front end looks worse than the previous generation

i3 - hilariously ugly.

What is the common denominator here, for the F30, X5 and X6: front-ends are ruined by two design elements: headlights merging into the front grille, and headlight shapes that resemble some random lines drawn by someone with Parkinson's disease.

BMW really needs to change something in their designs. They need designs that look great right from the first sight, instead of controversial designs.

I stepped into a BMW dealership a few days ago and there was no car that I would have spent my money on, except the F30 M3 which somehow manages to look really good despite its F30 design roots.
Soooooooo why are you here? You're subjective comments don't hold much weight...they seem to have sold quite a bit of ugly cars eh?
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0