05-08-2016, 07:50 PM   #48
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdrei View Post
The article said it clear. They pumped out cars to try and maintain the #1 position. They failed on 2 fronts:
1. flooded the dealers with cars that are not moving
2. misjudged the market forces, MB especially.
This is a clear sign that bean counters are in charge at BMW and things are about to get worse; why?

- the bread and butter 3 series is not pulling the weight it is supposed to. It's actually a failure.
- the new MB E class will wipe the floor with an already ageing 5 series.
- the 7 series came out 2 years after the S class and proves to be already at least 1 generation behind. The interior is crap compared to the S, among other things.
- the M brand is so diluted there is no more margin to be made on M Marketing. The days of M Motorsport and machines that could chase Porsche are long gone. Heck the M6 GC cannot keep up with the RS7.
- the cars value-to-cost ratio is total crap when compared to MB and Audi.

They milked it to the hilt and are starting to witness a massive crash. Case in point, I just ordered an Alpina B6 and got a way bellow invoice price without even asking; the dealer was practically begging me to place the order. There are discounted M3/M4s all over.

And Scott, the fact that the X3 sells does not imply that people are choosing it over the regular 3 series (that's BS). It's because, MB GLC just hit the market and the GLK was crap. Next year this time it will be a different picture, the GLC is a much better car.

All in all BMW needs to realize that value, not an emblem, sells. BMW needs to crash and return to its core; same cycle MB went through. Until than I will drive AMG and Porsche.
I would argue the S class interior is horrible...much like the new C class interior
Appreciate 0