King_Slayer
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr261 View Post
Hi all,

I have a deposit in for an M2 and am more curious versus concerned about noise levels.

I would think that part of this elevated M2 measurement would come from both the louder exhaust volume and increased engine enhancement via the stereo when in Sport Plus.

I have a 2013 335i which measures at 64db as per Car and Driver. It is definitely a quiet car when cruising fast. My other vehicle (a Mazda CX-5) measured at 70 in C&D, and it is somewhat louder at that speed, but certainly not unbearable.

The 2016 340i - essentially the exact same platform as my 335 with the same size summer performance tires, but including engine enhancement via the stereo, and apparently more of a vocal actual exhaust note vs the 335 measured at 70db. That is a BIG difference for such similar vehicles, I would guess that either the 340i or M2 would measure somewhat lower in 'comfort' mode without the additional noise being generated due to the higher performance settings being used while tested.

So there is likely some degree of range of loudness available depending on settings...

Welcome, and thanks for the post
Appreciate 0