View Single Post
      01-09-2014, 07:19 PM   #108
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

This is certainly an interesting comparison. It is based on the value of the vehicle. Don't look at the brand. They are two different cars. One is turbocharged the other NA. There are certainly big differences. Being a complete car lover regardless of the brand I think here in the US we as a brand have definitely lost out on a ton of great cars that are sold in Europe.

Specifically all these hot hatches and wagons. Now again this comparison is against a coupe a four door hatch. Honestly, good for Ford to deliver and develop a car that apparently has the handling and fun characteristics as such a crowned car as the E46.

I have always been a German car owner. There are lots of brands in Europe that I would love to own, but some are perhaps out of my price range. With that being said, if ford, Chevy, Cadillac (now with CTS and ATS-V models) it's nice to see this. However, if we were to get some of the wagons and hatches sold in Europe and out view as a brand, which has been reduced to sedan, coupe, TRUCK, Big SUV or EVEN BIGGER SUV.

Driving behaviors, lifestyles, roads, cities, etc are far different in Europe than they are in US. Bigger isn't always better.

Personally, I own two M vehicles right now (E90 M3 which I have owned day one since 2010 and an X5M). I bought these two cars by going through tons of driving, reading, etc. If I felt there were other cars that gave me all the tangibles and intangibles here in the US then I would of went with one of them. Personally, I would much rather have an E91 M3 wagon or an RS4 or RS6. Hey if chevy built a wagon with the LS3 427 (yes i know caddie has the wagon but the design and right angles are horrible) i would drive that in a heart beat. If it matched the looks, handling, interior feel that German brothers make day in and day out. But, we (the US) have basically told manufacturers that we don't want those vehicles.

Look at the Renault Megane. That thing is awesome and would love to have. But not for the US.

It's too bad. This is an example, that someone who may not be an M3 sort of person, can have just as much fun that's what it's all about.

It's a great time to be a car enthusiast. Just depends on where you live how many options you have at your disposal.
Appreciate 0