View Single Post
      02-21-2020, 12:15 PM   #89
aerobat
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M Roadster

When you say "bumper" does it mean spring or shock? Anyway it cannot be normal that either brake after 5000km!!
I've had mine for 25000km without issues and I expect lot of km:s before change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Io View Post
The stock suspension of the M2 is a joke, that’s a fact. The car is never well settled with it, it’s very bouncy from the rear, it twists in corners in a weird way that makes impossible to drive fast and precisely. The M-perf suspension transforms totally the car, solving this critical issue. It’s stiff, but not to the point to make the car unusable on the road. In fact, the car is MORE comfortable with it, as it stops bouncing like crazy at the smallest bump.
BUT, something to keep in mind before buying it for a car used as DD is that coilover bumpers have a much lower longevity than normal ones. I know what I’m talking about. I installed the M-perf suspension on my M2 LCI when it had 5000 kms. One of the rear bumpers broke one year after, after 10000kms. One of the front one just broke after 25000kms. Based on what I could learn from the mechanics of my BMW garage, it’s the normal longevity of KW coilovers whose main recommended use is track, not road. I found similar information on the web.
Previous: BMW M2 DCT M Performance Suspension/Stage2, Porsche 993 Carrera 2S, Porsche 993 Carrera 2, Porsche 964 Carrera 2 Cab,Mazda RX8, Porsche 930 Turbo, BMW M3 E36, BMW M3 E30, BMW M5 E34, BMW 325iM Coupe
Appreciate 0