View Single Post
      07-10-2014, 01:20 AM   #32
Devon K
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennu View Post
I'd have to disagree with your last statement. At least I hope you're wrong. Lol

If the regular M235i with a limited slip diff is faster (or just as fast) than a 1M and just as good without the makings of M chemistry, I will have to say that a full on M car will be much better.
Look at the performance of a E90 335is vs a E90 M3. Big difference. Or you could look at the performance of a 540 vs an M5. Big difference there again.
What about the 135is vs the 1M, same thing. The M version are much better in every case. Pretty much any regular BMW car compared to an M model there is a significant feel and performance difference so I don't see why the M2 will be any different. At least this is what I'm hoping.

Will it be better than the Cayman S, prob not as it's much more of a car. Will the Porsche eat the M2s lunch? I seriously doubt it.
I have no doubt that the M2 will be much better than an M235i, and significantly better than the 1M. "Eat the M2's lunch" may have been a bit of overstatement--but will the M2 be close to a current-gen Cayman S in refinement, precision, feel, and agility? Again, I doubt it given the inherent head start the Cayman's form factor gives it (and don't forget the gazillions Porsche spends on engineering everything to the nth degree). As you say, The Cayman's much more of a car.
Appreciate 0