View Single Post
      02-08-2019, 01:06 AM   #30
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Are people forgetting about the whole slew of carbon fiber M Performance parts BMW released for the M2? There's your spiritual CSL successor right there, but without the crap SMG transmission.

The only downside to the M2 Competition is the connected twin kidney grille. I've come to appreciate the connected grille on every new BMW model except for the M2 Comp, which is such a shame because it's the complete driving enthusiast package otherwise and my favorite BMW right now. The shape they chose to outline the kidneys is awful compared to the other new designs like on the G20, F90, G05, etc. The M2's looks like a silly mustache by comparison, and the fact that there is less real estate on the front to begin with makes it appear that much more gaudy and out of place.

Please BMW, I'm okay with the connected design if that's where things are going, but for the love of God, just revise the outline's shape on the next M2 variant so it doesn't look so goofy and out of place. Then again, if there was one car that didn't need the connected grille to begin with, it would have been the M2 Competition. It's not even a new generation car, and IMHO didn't warrant any grille changes from the OG F87 M2. They just made it look stupid for nothing. Okay, rant over.