View Single Post
      12-18-2017, 01:38 PM   #47
alscks0414
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY18 X3 M40i, MY18 M3 ZCP

Few things that I want to note here.

I am sure you already have enabled your MPE in the boot below the carpet. There is a button to switch on and off. I found that the switch is very loose and sometimes actually turns off (Just once) when I load some stuff in the trunk although that should not contact directly... I just said to myself that i will tape it down to put it ON all time just if same thing happens again.

Wire connection sounds very popular issue and espectially if this wire is not visible under the carpet in the boot, dealers and mechanics will not be able to troubleshoot the problem. I have read a forum that one guy had exactly the same problem but his M2 was pretty much doing just fine when he tried to visit to show the dealer the problem of his MPE.

So he eneded up recording the video and took it to the dealer back and that they have replaced the exhaust and works perfectly fine after he did.

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1319784

It could be BT problem. Some ppl say that it gets interfered by others using the BT nearby which I never find any issues with...

Untimate solution for you is to have it looks by dealer and let them diagnose. Make sure you have some videos taken before your visit just to prove and show what problem it has. Best chance (but worse also) to get is replaced. If you are still under warranty, Your dealer will provide rental vehicle and fix MPE for no charge.
Appreciate 0