Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDoze View Post
I miss my 2010 135i bad. It was a freakin mechanical beast modded. Everything was instant. Throttle, torque, steering. You thought about it? It already did it.
I have not gotten quite those same feelings while test driving the M2Cs.
Need more seat time, and really, just need to freakin buy one.

Is the consensus that Sport is the best steering mode, not Sport+?
I keep reading here Sport has a tighter feel with less center play?
I still have a 2012 135i.
Agreed on the tighter feel. I think most of it is in the hydraulic steering, vs the electric steering in the M2.
Sport+ is tighter than Sport, but it has the disadvantage of turning off DSC, which you do want on roads.
Sport on the roads. Sport+ on track. Comfort only when there's a passenger, as they may get nauseated with Sport+.
Sport+ on the steering in the M2C does not turn off traction control unless you select to turn it off. Would you happen to be talking about the OF M2?

Personally, I'm the mountain passes in Switzerland on my ED in my M2C I did half in Sport and the other half in comfort steering. After a while sport steering just tires you out and comfort steering feels damn near perfect for what it is.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0