akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altra View Post
I actually really like sport + on the street. Sometimes (most times), I get lazy and don't want to push the pedal down far to get going at a good clip.
I actually made it a habit of switching to Sport+ every time I got in my M2. And that's for my daily commute to work. On weekends, when I'm driving for fun, Sport+ is a must.
Unfortunately, my empirical evidence suggests that Sport+ increases fuel consumption. Not very significantly, but enough that I now use the default Comfort on my commute, and turn to Sport when traffic is heavy, just so the car reacts more predictably.
Comfort is brain dead. I don't know why DCT even allows manual switching in Comfort. You push the paddle to switch and Comfort goes... yeah, OK, got your intention, I'll switch when I see it fit.
Try dsc/mdm button if you want comfort throttle. You get the same lazy throttle but the DCT switching of gears is crisp and fast like sport mode.

Also I don't think sport+ increases gas consumption, at least I'm my testing, just have to be lighter on throttle.
Appreciate 0