Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewLe90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speed_M2 View Post
The market is tough with the M2. Personally, I would look for a M3/4. I think the M3 is the way to go.

For the M2, I would aim for a comp. I know people love the sound of the N55 and I can't blame them. I ran mine with the M performance exhaust + catless downpipe, also with a high flow cat (intake, e85 etc). I've pushed it to the limits on the stock turbo (445whp 500wtq)

The comp is the way to go IF the price is right. I could see a similar mileage N55 (2018 LCI) for 10-20k less. For the N55 I'd get a DCT for sure, comp DCT as well but manual if you must.

The only thing to watch out for with the comp is the crack hub.

Good luck with the search!
Thanks for the input, I had an f80 about 2 years ago and the s55 is the way to go. Not sure if I'd want another f80 but I'm not against the idea since the m2 and m3 are similar is price. Maybe if the comps come down a bit in price I'll go with one, I'll most likely be purchasing sometime in the spring but I can't imagine any crazy price changes from now to then
You know what's up. The F80 is the perfect sized car for daily driving. I don't think the M2 is much faster because of size alone. It's more for personal feel if anything.

I like the pocket sized fit of the M2. If you're track driving I could see the smaller car being easier to toss around but I'd go with the F80 personally.

After doing FBO, HPFP, flex fuel sensor, etc on my N55, I would stay away from it. Even with the sound being factored in. Nothing beats the straight piped sound of the N55 but it's not enough of a factor for me to pick it over the S55

Maybe the sound for me is different now that I've had it for a few years and got sick of the catless smell
Appreciate 2
ried793.00