12-17-2019, 04:02 PM   #25
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikM2 View Post
I am a former modded STI owner. 400 whp and suspension fully done with star spec tires. Outside of the track the M2C and any STI are not even apples and oranges never-mind apples to apples. One is a Japanese rally inspired boy racer tin can which I say in a good way. Its loud and rough and a lot of fun, but its plastic and rattles everywhere and you get eye rolls going the speed limit if you put that wing on there.

The M2C is a german luxury sport coupe. Loud and Refined and a lot of fun especially because it's RWD. Fits the standard of ultimate adult daily driver.

That all being said though comparing track numbers is really the worst thing you can go on as they are driven by pros who can actually get 97% out of the car. The point where most of us hit the track where we think we are about to piss our pants and we must be at 95% we are at 82%...

I suggest go for a long city drive in both cars and buy the one that makes you feel something.
Agree with this.

And to add one more bit of advice, on that long street drive he mentions, if this is going to be a daily driver, don't fall for the complete tin can boy racer feel of the STI unless you are in that phase of your life. Try to really think about what gives you feels but is also a livable daily car. Coming from someone who had an Evo X back in the day that was highly modded and drove like it was on rails, while I loved that car, it got old really quick having to deal with the cheapness, rattling, harshness on a daily basis.

The M2C still gives me that thrill feel, but if I just want to relax on a drive, or want to feel refined, or want to not seem like a complete tool during normal life situations (loud exhaust plus wing plus other loud aspects of an STI that are hard to avoid), the M2C fits that bill perfectly. Essentially I don't have to sacrifice the performance and rawness fun in my daily for comfort/low profile like I would have to for a regular 3/5 series.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0