View Single Post
      12-15-2019, 10:55 AM   #42
Tainen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e30 325i, subaru wrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
I haven't seen a BMW ED for less than ED MSRP on the M2Cs yet (without some deep connections to the dealer). Given that the volumes are much lower than the other M cars, and doing ED is (1) a ton more work for the dealer, and (2) the dealer loses allocations the next go around because an ED sale on an M car doesn't count as a store sale and thus impacts their future allocations - I'm not really surprised that they won't go under MSRP and say they are doing you a favor. Depending on their volumes and past allocation amounts, they may actually be doing you a favor.

I still highly recommend you continue shopping though, just so you can get a feel of the market and not just take my word above. However when I did my ED this past year I was deeply connected with two GMs at two dealers - one wouldn't even do ED, the other did at ED MSRP. I searched far and wide at other dealers and I couldn't find many that would even do ED for the reasons I said above, and the ones that would, wouldn't budge from US MSRP.

Granted, the market changes and this is just one anecdotal example, but don't expect to get the US delivery discounts some others are saying are available here for ED if you are in the US. ED for Canada may be different.
Thank you for the insight sir!

I am seeing inventory really climb a lot on these cars, and were one year away from the end of the m2c, so I have some hope... but if the other dealerships I am reaching out to don’t budge, I probably end up doing the ED MSRP deal. :/
Appreciate 0