Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
There was a lot of her debris on the roads when driving. I think there should be a lot less debris on a track
90% of the chips and dings on my 1M are from the track . . . gravel thrown onto the surface at the apex or track out areas from some bunglehead widening the track a foot too much, tire marbles, the occasional bolt. The track thrashes your car.

Also on this topic, the BFG Rival S was by far the worst tire I ever had for picking up, holding and/or throwing debris. I will never daily drive on those again. They are less grippy (meaning handling performance) than a Bridgestone RE71r, but seem to want to pick up everything. The Toyo T1R I used last year did not pick up as much crap of I drove over gravel with them in the paddock. I have no idea how the Cup2's compare to those, but can imagine they are much worse than a typical street tire.
Good points. I haven't been on a track for several years and had forgotten about this. I'm on PSS and they seem very good. All of the debris on my car the other day came up from the wet road. What was more interesting to me was the spatter zones on the car. The rear PPF and wheel arch extrusions clearly served their purpose as they did their job yesterday. After a clean not a scrape or chip to be seen. Very happy.
Appreciate 1