View Single Post
      01-30-2021, 04:58 PM   #15
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchart View Post
Yeah, that's just 100% false. In warm weather the Cup2's are meant to be used in they WILL grab everything on the road and fling it. Just take a look at some Cup 2's after a drive, and look at all the crap stuck in them, and the deep indentations left in the tire. Compare this to PSS, Extremecontact Sports, etc, and they aren't nearly as bad. Sure, UHP summer tires generally do this, but not to the extreme of aptly named extreme category tires like the Cup2's, or other class-equivalents like Dunlop Star Specs, etc.
OK, I should clarify. I would disagree that the Cup2 throws appreciably more road debris than any other PERFORMANCE tire. I have tested nearly every high performance tire available in BMW sizes over the past 10 years.

Geeze the way you describe it, the side of the car will be destroyed if running Cup2. I track and street drive the car with very aggressive fitment on Cup2 (and equivalents) without paint damage. That being said, I would not make my tire decision based on how much debris it throws. I would make it based on what I wanted to achieve - ultimate grip for canyon carving, pure street, track, dual purpose, etc. If you want longevity I agree that there are certainly better tires (which is what I already said). I personally run 4S on my daily driver (and snows in the winter), Cup2 category tires on my weekend car.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 01-30-2021 at 06:09 PM..
Appreciate 4