View Single Post
      01-30-2021, 04:50 PM   #14
mchart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Cup2 are great tires. I wouldn't think twice about running them unless you use the car in cold temperatures. They will definitely wear faster than PSS or 4S but they last surprisingly long for what they are. Any tire throws up dirt and water. I would disagree that the Cup2 does so appreciably more than any other tire.
Yeah, that's just 100% false. In warm weather the Cup2's are meant to be used in they WILL grab everything on the road and fling it. Just take a look at some Cup 2's after a drive, and look at all the crap stuck in them, and the deep indentations left in the tire. Compare this to PSS, Extremecontact Sports, etc, and they aren't nearly as bad. Sure, UHP summer tires generally do this, but not to the extreme of aptly named extreme category tires like the Cup2's, or other class-equivalents like Dunlop Star Specs, etc.

And frankly, the wear rate of extreme category tires is just absurd. I've ran Cup 2's in two different vehicles as they came with them from the factory, and I got maybe around 3k miles on them, and it's not like I tracked the vehicles ever. That was just the wear from normal spirited driving on backroads. PSS/Extreme Contact Sports on those same vehicles got me closer to 15k miles.

Last edited by mchart; 01-30-2021 at 04:57 PM..
Appreciate 2
chris7197334.00