View Single Post
      06-21-2020, 05:23 PM   #24
SFM2C6MT
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition, HS6MT

Just an adjustment update,

I had originally set it using all factory springs on the "race" setting. At first I liked the firm engagement but after a month of use I came to loathe the "poppy" nature. It made the shifts from 1st to 2nd around town a bit too jerky and hard to control. I found myself spending too much leg energy "managing" the pop point rather than enjoying the drive.

Talking with another user of the UCP and he had removed the large spring and put it on the sport setting and that was perfect for him.

I spent today trying all the settings with test drives back to back. I tried removing the larger spring, in the sport setting. Felt decent. No more pop.. but a bit wobbly at the top of the pedal.

I then tried it in sport with all springs - this is the most popular setting from what I read on UCP threads. It stiffened up a bit, but undesirable "pop" returned.

Then I tried all springs with the "stock" position. No pop, Felt very much like removing the big spring in the sport setting but more stable at the top of the travel and a bit more firm.

I ended up with the "stock" spring position with all springs. The travel feels smooth. No wobbles. There is no "pop" point like in the other settings. I think this is the ideal geometry for the assembly. I believe the big spring adds rigidity to the assembly, takes out play, and adds slight stiffness to travel. Moving the pivot point towards the arm increases stiffness but also pop, which I did not like.

The UCP benefits in the "stock" setting are still a shorter travel and better pedal position which is what I was after.

Hope this is helpful to those of you who want to tinker with it. Don't be afraid of the "stock" setting like I was. It is still a major improvement over stock pedal.
Appreciate 6