SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
I'm under the impression the GTS steering is already lighter than pre LCI. It's difficult to imagine F87cs is a lot lighter.

In addition, did you ever use F80CS and F87comp steering for comparison in terms of "heaviness"?

I've always hated heavy steering, because today at the EPS age, mostly it just makes car feel sluggish at low speed and doesn't feed back much of the road. 911 steering is way lighter, no mention of the even more brilliant 981 steering. Alfa Romeo Guilia QV also has a very light steering and it is a couple leagues better steering than M.
I don't think that the gts is lighter than pre lci's default steering, iirc it is significantly heavier. Tbh I think after driving my m2 again after a long winter the f87cs steering weight is perfect, so I will have to retract prior statements about wanting it to be a bit heavier.
Summary: f87cs is indeed alot lighter than f87gts which is heavier than stock. I think f87cs might be lighter than stock eps settings.

I have not had the chance to experiment with any other steering settings or other cars unfortunately. All of my friends own subarus and evos due to the climate here. So unfortunately I don't have anyone to borrow a car from, unless I go to the dealership.

I agree with you 100%, heavy steering=/= good. I also feel the m2's steering wheel was so artificially heavy in an attempt to convey sportiness that all feeling was numbed out. You will definitely like f87cs if you haven't codes that in already, it is the perfect heft and has really good road feel. It also doesn't have the center seeking feel of a heavy steering wheel where it feels like the wheel keeps fighting you to go back to center. It also removed any dead spots in the center.
I did full GTS chassis and transmission coding in 2017, but revert to stock in a short while. I was a bit OCD, not feeling like messing around with the GTS chassis tuning which isn't really made for the M2.

Just curious is the F87cs EPS the default setting for the M2 comp? I may give a try.