Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM235iEstorilBlue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintjah View Post
First thing id suggest is, depending on mileage, DCT fluid (assuming its a dct and not a manual) and engine oil. Im very overzealous with maintenance... maybe a crack head on it. Blew my mind to hear BMW say the trans fluid is lifetime. I gave ZF a call and was told 30k intervals on the DCT fluid.
You called ZF! A true enthusiast!
Wow, from lifetime to 30k, quite a difference!

My BMW mechanic told me, dont do plugs or coil packs until they go bad, no reason to open everything up for those and they tend to last much longer than BMW claims (no idea if its true).

He mentioned he's not worked on too many M2's yet but for most BMW's would likely do: coolant flush, dct flush (says its tricky), diff. fluid flush, brake flush, and says maybe fuel filter & maybe belts (but not sure on the m2), and would look at suspension bushings.
This sound about right and complete to you guys?
ZF actually released a video to encourage owners to do frequent DCT fluid changes since car makers kept saying they have "lifetime" fluid and ZF didn't want to be known as unreliable because automakers are giving owners bad info. I love ZF.

As for plugs do them every 30k. 15k if you're tuned.
I don't see any evidence that dct fluid needs to be done every 30k, 50k, or even 100k. The oil coming out of the DCTs at pretty much any milage looks good according to all oil analysis I've seen in the m2 boards, f8x m3 m4 boards, and e9X m3 boards.

See posts here with actual data from fluid.
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...817&page=2
Appreciate 1