02-17-2020, 06:15 PM   #93
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
Cars are heavy nowadays. It's bizarre that folk want to pick on one heavy car and ignore everything else. Civics are absolutely monstrous compared to what they were in '95. If we all want to go after a car for being heavy, let's attack all the heavy cars instead of trying to use weight to nail just one of them.
Lol. This reminds me of when I bought my 350Z in 2006. When that car came out, it got generally good reviews but when people wanted to hate on it, they'd talk about how heavy it was at 3300 lbs or so. That was THE go to detraction for that car for about 5 years. Then....that talk just kinda tailed off as 3300 lbs went from being "kinda heavy" to "hmm around average."

Don't get me wrong, people still hated on that car all the time (it's old, it's ugly, it's not that fast etc) but people...just kinda stopped talking about its weight. Now 3300lbs is in the realm of "pretty good."

I strongly suspect that five years from now, when people lob insults at the F87 M2C, they won't be mentioning it's weight as 3600 lbs will inevitably go from "a little heavy" to "below average"
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50