View Single Post
      02-24-2017, 09:31 PM   #17
86Zed
Get off my lawn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Garage List
Thanks for the kind remarks all! Put a lot of effort into trying to keep it succinct, enjoyable and informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan13 View Post
Well, I don't have the turbo version, but my wife tracks a souped up manual 128i and I track a Z4m.
I play around with both on the track, obviously very different cars. I offered to get her a Z, but she didn't like sitting so low and far back. She does about 15 track days a year. The running costs are pretty low compare to the Z
Great to hear and you touched on the real differences right there between a sports coupe and sport sedan. Lowering running costs would be nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Fantastic post! I thought about doing the exact same thing comparing my E36 M3 vs E92 M3 vs Z4MR
Do it! I know more than a few people who have cross-shopped those cars including myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Very nice post, thanks! I agree with your comments, except the appearance of the coupe. I'd give it a 9/10
Hah, I'm trying not to be overly biased. A 10/10 would be an exotic in my mind, but I find the Z4M looks growing on me and different colors bring out different lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
That's what make it interesting. Very nice.
Thanks for the honest thoughts, writing for fun mostly but trying to share something others would appreciate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops128i View Post
Really good article, and really relevant to me as I'm considering making my 128i a track car and buying a DD like a 228i, or buying something like a z4m as a track car, and keeping the 128i as a DD.

It's too bad a manual 228i is so hard to find.
I have limited 1 series experience but I imagine the 228i to be only a slight upgrade. Yes, my wife and I waited 14 weeks for her custom order MT 228i (dealer initially ordered the wrong car with the ZF paddleshift). The Z4M makes a beastly (and pretty) track car but expendables are not cheap, plenty of folks running non-M Z4s or an E36 M3 instead.
Appreciate 1