Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [8.50]
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19x View Post
My take on the CCB from a value perspective is that it's just not worth it at this time. In the not so distant future, I'm willing to bet that CCB will come standard on most or all ///M models.

Today, it's a gimmick. Yes, I'd love to have CCB on a street car, but In the end, I just couldn't justify spending $8k extra. To me, it's not about the fact that the rotors will potentially last a very long time, but that I have to spend that kind of money upfront.

Even if I have to replace the steel rotors more often and spend more in the long run, I prefer that route in the short to medium term.
We all need to make our own value call.

Driving and washing two M cars weekly with both brake types I find $8k of value in the ease of keeping the CCB wheels clean and not dealing with the rusty steel rotors after each wash.
Also the CCB/763 combo feels more nimble than the steel/666 combo during daily driving.

Just my two cents - if my M2CS was going to the track then for certain 100% would get steels if no track use then would get CCBs. Plus red calipers seem a bit much tbh.
Appreciate 2
sdhotwn2128.50
JustChris17485.50