View Single Post
      07-15-2020, 11:01 AM   #2278
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
Are u going to track the car? CCBs will last a very long time for a street driver even with an occasional HPDE. If ur doing more than that get Steelies. If you are a show and go plus weekend canyon carver that doesn't track then CCBs are a must have IMO simply for the light weight, bling and no dust.

BTW - other than brakes what options will be on the USA spec 2CS?
The funny thing is I agree with this, yet the logic also the opposite of the engineering intent.

The CCB's will give you the near infinite life and good brake feel etc a street driver and the very low brake dust which are all great for this kind of car if you aren't tracking.

On the flip side, the benefits of the higher temp tolerance before fade, lower rotational weight, etc were all for racing application, which is where these fall down for us with mortal pocketbooks because of the tendency for rotor to wear out prematurely from heating rather than material removal. Plus the additional handling fragility risks to deal with.

I think they look gorgeous, and I'd love to have the gold caliper over the red. But definitely sticking with the steel option for my order.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 1
CSBM52716.50