View Single Post
      04-09-2020, 12:36 AM   #35
eeyang92
Captain
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 LCI 6MT

Just installed it today. I had an extremely hard time getting the intake pipe to fit in to the OEM pipe (with the clamp) since the angle the pipe went in was very constrained, as you had to put the filter-end of the pipe through the hole where the filter is first. After I applied a very light coat of silicone grease to the clamp area, it finally popped in.

Additionally, the vacuum hose adapter seems much closer to the engine than the OEM adapter is, thus placing a large amount of stress on the adapter due to the extremely stiff vacuum pipe. A few minutes after I installed the vacuum pipe, the vacuum adapter broke right off with a big cracking sound

Luckily, it just seemed that the bond between the adapter and the carbon fiber was not sufficient, as there was extremely little epoxy/glue in that area. I sanded it down and applied a ton of JB weld, let it cure for 24 hours and put it back on, this time it did not break. I also put some aluminum foil between the vacuum T-pipe section and another plastic section to push the vacuum hose further back into the engine bay, thus relieving some of the stress on the vacuum adapter. Hopefully it won't crack this time, and I'll think of a more permanent solution later.

Regarding the whistling sound, I only hear it when I'm at partial to high load around 1700-2100 RPMs, otherwise I do not hear it at all. When my music is on, I don't hear whistle at any RPM.

Overall, it looks great, but it was definitely not very plug and play for me.

I detailed my install (or rather, my struggle) here:

View post on imgur.com

Last edited by eeyang92; 04-09-2020 at 12:42 AM..
Appreciate 4
nioh_lbbm21716.50
JTO245276.00
TemjinX2520.50
BLOJOE78.50