04-06-2020, 05:38 PM   #30
TemjinX2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccar View Post
Hey guys,

I have the Turner Carbon Intake as well, i ordered it black friday and it took almost 3 full months to arrive.. I called a bunch of times and they kept telling me I was at the beginning of the list to be sent out so that was frustrating....

But now that I have had it installed for 2 months now, I can confirm there is a bottle cap sound and it's SO LOUD.. At first, I wasn't sure if this was normal and at the time there were no posts about it so I called.. AGAIN.. and they said they had it on their shop car and didn't have that issue and no one had complained about it, so I'm glad to hear it's a common thing.

For a cheaper price i could have bought the Dinan, but I didn't want to cut the brace and the open filter looked cool. But for a daily driving car, this whistling sound is not for me... I can hear it consistently even with cruise control on, over my music sometimes since it's so high pitched. Thinking about selling it and going Dinan.
my buddy had the same whistle sound with his afe intake on his m235i...it sounded cool in the upper rpm but it was annoying at the daily driving rpms 1-3k. he ended up just going back to stock
2018 Infiniti Q60 Redsport AWD
2008 BMW 335ix
Appreciate 1
JTO245276.00