04-06-2020, 03:38 PM   #29
ecitizen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccar View Post
Hey guys,

I have the Turner Carbon Intake as well, i ordered it black friday and it took almost 3 full months to arrive.. I called a bunch of times and they kept telling me I was at the beginning of the list to be sent out so that was frustrating....

But now that I have had it installed for 2 months now, I can confirm there is a bottle cap sound and it's SO LOUD.. At first, I wasn't sure if this was normal and at the time there were no posts about it so I called.. AGAIN.. and they said they had it on their shop car and didn't have that issue and no one had complained about it, so I'm glad to hear it's a common thing.

For a cheaper price i could have bought the Dinan, but I didn't want to cut the brace and the open filter looked cool. But for a daily driving car, this whistling sound is not for me... I can hear it consistently even with cruise control on, over my music sometimes since it's so high pitched. Thinking about selling it and going Dinan.
FYI, I went through the same thing and ended up settling with Dinan. The cutting of the brace is a non-issue. You can buy a brand new OEM brace for cheap (can't remember the price but $30 or something). The cut took 10 seconds. FWIW.
Appreciate 0