bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitcore View Post
Ok, so getting the nav package totally changes the feel of it.
I'll have to check one out in a dealership before I rag on it.
It's still very similar. The screen aesthetics are all very similar and the way you navigate through options is all very similar. The nav option just adds a wider screen with split-screen options [1] and more menus.

I'm not sure if this is limited to the nav option, but our X3 has 8 programmable buttons that look like channel preset buttons you'd see on a regular stereo. These buttons can be assigned to just about any menu item within the iDrive system. I use the shit out of these buttons. They are, without question, the best thing about the iDrive system. All those times you've used an infotainment system and thought "Damn, I wish there was a dedicated button for this" become reality with these programmable buttons. Love 'em.

Honestly, infotainments systems are really a matter of usage-style and taste. iDrive is, by far, my favorite infotainment system, but that has a lot to do with my own tastes.

[1]: For example, you can choose to have the current song and artist displayed on the right third of the screen all the time.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0